Monday, May 16, 2011

You have to wonder

Today has been full of things that make me wonder what life would be like if I had gone on that second date with Chef Jason...(at the time he was John Travoltas Personal chef)..or what if I had been able to finish bootcamp for the navy, or had the money for college.
Would I be sitting here listening to my 5 kids play? Would I have spent all day folding clothes,picking up and tripping over the same toys I have been for the last 8 years?
I wonder if I would be shopping without the worry of money and just spending to spend because my only responsibility is to myself...
Then it happens, I hear that giggle or alugh that makes me realize this is what I am supposed to do. I am right where I need to be. I am here making my mistakes, learning life's lessons from my children, and it is all I need. I suppose it is human nature to wonder what might have been, or to want those things we dont have. How often though are we happy when we get them?
Today I was watching a movie while folding clothes and Hailey (my youngest and only girl) who is almost 17 months came up with a huge smile and dancing. She thrust her hips back and forth and does this head tilt...she was so funny and proud. I just blurted out oh lord hailey please tell me you are going to be a Ballerina and not a stripper and she lifted up her shirt and ran away...I am hoping this was just a silly thing she did and not her answer lol...still though how can you not love your life when something like this happens.
Sitting here right now I was just given a Gardenia from my bush by my oldest...I could scold him for pulling flowers off my bushes or I could take it for what it is the sweetest gesture out there and be thankful that he wants to give me flowers.
I guess my point to this is, sometimes life doesnt turn out the way we think it should or hope it will and that is the ugly truth, sometimes walking out the door you get baby barfed on and dont realize it until you are at your job interview because your would be boss tells you (yes true story) but the pretty poop of it all is that if you take a moment to not be angry about it all and not feel totally overwhelmed you will see that you have it made. Weather you are the high power career woman or the stay at home mom, you can find happiness even in the poopiest of days!

No comments:

Post a Comment